Niceville Family YMCA
Welcome to the Niceville Family YMCA
Address / Contact Info
1031 E. John C. Sims Parkway
Niceville, FL 32578
|Facility Hours||Membership / Registration Hours (Office Hours)|
|Monday||5am – 8pm||Monday||8am – 6pm|
|Tuesday||5am – 8pm||Tuesday||8am – 6pm|
|Wednesday||5am – 8pm||Wednesday||8am – 6pm|
|Thursday||5am – 8pm||Thursday||8am – 6pm|
|Friday||5am – 7pm||Friday||8am – 6pm|
|Saturday||8am – 5pm||
|Facilities Manager||Travis King|
|Membership Coordinator||Nancy Youngfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fitness Director||Gloria Overfieldemail@example.com|
|Board Chairperson||John Openshawfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Our programs and facilities are always based on the unique needs and interests of our communities; every Y has one thing in common: our people. Join us – and see the difference for yourself, we could use someone like you.
Our goal is to make sure you’re comfortable using the Y.
Our focus is on building a relationship to support you in reaching your wellness goals – whether to lose weight, improve your health, change your lifestyle, spend more time with your family or make new friends. We’re committed to you and exploring options that interest you. You’ll find group fitness activities, cardio, strength training, personal training, swimming, and more. Our staff is always available to answer questions and give assistance without an appointment.
At every age and every level of activity, you’ll find people just like you looking to live a little bit healthier. Members and program participants often cite the support and enthusiasm of fellow participants and staff as some of the key factors in their achievement of greater well-being.
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y has the long-standing relationships and physical presence no just to promise, but to deliver, lasting personal and social change.
Though the world may be unpredictable, one thing remains certain – the Y is, and always will be dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities.
- Aerobics/Fitness Center
- Indoor Heated Pool
- Circuit Weight Machines
- Free Weights
- Ellipticals / Treadmills / Bikes
- Y – Kids Zone
- Locker Rooms
- Teen Center
- Indoor Cycling
Steps to a Successful Fitness Plan
Every year, most of us attempt to improve our health by making New Year’s Resolutions. We resolve to eat better, lose weight, and exercise more, yet we seem to make the same goals as the previous year. There can be many challenges in accomplishing your goals but these simple steps can help make your resolutions a reality.
- Write down your wellness goals. Committing your goals to paper serves, as a constant reminder to keep you on track. Your goals should be specific.
- Check with your doctor. Your doctor can assess your wellness goals, advise you on precautions you should take and clear you for physical activity.
- Be realistic, and start slowly. Commit to incremental changes. If your goal is to exercise more often, start by committing to two workouts a week then gradually add more.
- Patience and consistency. Eating healthy and exercising are lifestyle changes that will take more than the first three months of the New Year. Have a schedule and stick with it, be patient and take things one day at a time.
- Find activities that you enjoy. We have treadmills, stationary bikes, free weights, strength equipment and a variety of group classes like yoga, zumba, dance, karate, spin, body sculpting to name a few.
- Incorporate cardio activities and strength training. Cardio workouts are great for the heart and lungs, but to see real change in your physical appearance strength training is a must.
- Try a Personal Trainer. A trainer can assess your fitness level and develop a personalized plan with achievable goals for your success. They will guide you through equipment and techniques to get you comfortable and avoid injury.
- Keep a fitness and food diary. Recording your meals and physical activity helps you measure your progress and create new goals.
The key is to decide to make a change in your life and go out and do it. It starts with taking that first step. Before you get started on your own, learn how to properly use the equipment and create a personal workout routine. Make your first appointment at the front desk. Upon joining the Summit YMCA, members are entitled to three (3) 45-minute Fitness Center demonstrations with an instructor plus a follow up session.
Free Weight Center
Olympic Free Weight Room with Dumbbells from 2 lbs. to 150 lbs. and 3,000 lbs. of Free Weights. A variety of free weight equipment and benches. Cable crossover and Smith Machine.
Strive Center: A 30-minute Strength Training
Strive Smart Strength Training Circuit. 12 machines with an adjustable cam to change settings. Do 3 sets between 0 and 30 seconds and see great results. Extended circuit completes the workout at an additional 20 minutes.
Child-Minding Services (Age 6-months – 10 years)
|Monday||8:15am – 12:30pm||4:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:15am – 12:30pm||4:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:15am – 12:30pm||4:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Thursday||8:15am – 12:30pm||4:00pm – 7:00pm|
|Friday||8:15am – 12:30pm|
|Saturday||8:15am – 10:30am|
Pool Schedule (2013) – Click Here
Land Fitness Schedule (2013) – Click Here